Landscape Installation Process
There is extensive documentation of the value that intelligent, thoughtful landscape design can add to your home. In many parts of Washington, the value of the land surrounding your home is equal to, or sometimes even greater than the value of the home itself. Well designed, installed and maintained landscaping can lead to a substantial increase in the overall value of your home. A budgeting rule of thumb for a complete landscape installation or renovation is 5-10% of the total value of your home, including the land. Therefore, if you own a $350,000 home, plan to spend between $15,500-$45,500 for a basic, functional landscape that will return up to 200 percent in value. Unusual materials, mature specimen plantings, or elaborate hardscape will add to this figure. We can work with any budget, Even if you may want to spend $ 1,000 or $ 5,000. Keep in mind about 60-75% of the budget goes towards materials, purchasing plants, mulch, and etc.
The most successful landscape projects start with a realistic budget. Don’t hesitate to share your budget with the landscaping company. There are many homeowners that only spend 1-3% of the home value. The designer can help strike a balance between special materials and cost-conscious choices to create a beautiful space that meets your functional, aesthetic, and budget preferences before you ask contractor for a proposal.
Designing Your Landscape
- Get ideas for purpose (internet, books, magazines)
- Complete a design questionnaire
- Set a budget
- Meet with us.
- Choose a design, modify if you would like.
- Plan to meet with Estimator and evaluate the site
- Plan review meeting
- Final plan approval
- Demolition of unwanted surfaces and structures (if necessary)
- Grading (ensures proper drainage)
- Excavation & construction
- Run utility lines, if property is brand new (water, gas, electric)
- Install irrigation system, if needed
- Build walls (retaining, perimeter, seating)
- Construct hardscapes (patio, deck, paths)
- Install outdoor living elements (outdoor kitchens, fire pits, etc.)
- Testing systems (irrigation, gas, electric)
- Final cleaning and walk through
- Final Payment for the remaining balance.